Stroller Barre® is a unique blend of ballet, Pilates, barre, yoga and stroller-based exercises incorporated with everything our moms love about Stroller Strides®. This workout is designed to help moms build strength and muscle tone and improve posture all while their little ones are in tow. Stroller Barre provides a 60 minute total body workout for moms of stroller-age children (approx. 6-weeks to 5 years). The workout is appropriate for moms of all fitness levels and combines cardio with intervals of toning. We use exercise spongeball, the environment, and the stroller for a fun and social exercise program. Children remain in their strollers, but are involved in the workout with songs and creative drills.
Some important details to know for class:
• There will be an instructor (a mom with a stroller) to greet you and your baby. Don’t worry, we were all nervous the first time we came to class.
• Please arrive a few minutes early. This will allow you to get your stroller out and get signed in. Class starts promptly at the designated time.
• Any stroller is acceptable, except for umbrella strollers (the handles are not long enough for proper posture and can easily tip during drills).
• Please wear proper footwear (closed-toed sneakers) and layer in comfortable clothing.
• Don't forget water, a towel or exercise mat for floor stretches and exercises.
• Our Briarwood class meets inside in front of JC Penney.
• Our Wide World class meets inside on one of the two fields. Arrive at 10-minutes prior to class start time to allow time to get you and your stroller down to the field.
• Our County Farm Park class meets near the playground. Park at the Platt Road parking lot.
• Most Important TIP: Try to enjoy yourself and be proud your tried something new!